Chocolate Covered Almond Cherries
This easy, 3-ingredient dessert is packed with antioxidants, vitamins A and C, potassium, and heart-healthy fats. It's also sweet, tart, crunchy, and oh-so-chocolate-y! Go ahead and make it!
- 1 lb of cherries
- 9 oz of dark chocolate chips
- Cherry pitter
- Microwavable bowl
- Wax paper
- Wash cherries thoroughly under running water. Dry them well.
- Place wax paper on a plate and set aside. This is where you'll place the cherries once they're covered in chocolate.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Set aside
- Time to pit the cherries! Grab a cherry in one hand and your cherry pitter in your other hand. Place the cherry on its side and press the pitter down until the pit spits out of the cherry.
- Insert an almond into the center of the cherry (where the pit used to be).
- Grab the cherry by the stem, place it in the bowl of chocolate, and, with a spoon, cover the entire cherry with chocolate.
- Rest the cherry on top of the wax paper to harden.
- Repeat until all the cherries and chocolate are gone.
- Enjoy immediately or put them in the fridge for a couple of hours until it's cold.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge up to three days.